Wednesday 28 October 2015

#WantItWednesday (28/10/15)

I am going away with the family for Christmas this year... it's going to be warm, the exchange rate (for now) is looking good and I am slowly starting to warm up to the idea... 

As it has been a while since I have flown long haul I have been thinking quite seriously about luggage options (all of my current options are only suitable for long weekends) and whenever I think of luggage I remember the greatest fictional luggage collection ever to have existed. Wes Anderson's Darjeeling Limited Family Luggage collection. 

Via Classic Driver
I loved this film and the luggage stayed with me forever. I lusted after the collection (created specifically for the film by Louis Vuitton by Marc Jacobs no less) and spend months, searching hoping and praying that this luggage collection were available to buy so I could bankrupt myself.
 Alas, it was only made for the film and the pieces were auctioned off for charity at a cost I couldn't even come close to, even if I did actively bankrupt myself. 


Then... Something happened. 
A company called Very Troubled Child decided to fulfil my every luggage fantasy and created a really lovely replica of the AMAZING collection.

Available in the collection are the holdalls, Messenger bags & Passport covers; all available the beautiful repeat safari pattern that I am truly OBSESSED with. 

If the bag is right up your street but the pattern isn't your bag (I mean, REALLY) then they have a full collection in a range of colours and finishes.

Well I am off to pack my beautiful bag now... I am definitely starting to get a little excited about my trip, especially if I am going to be lugging these around with me!

Until Next Week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment