Wednesday 14 May 2014

#WantItWednesday (14/05/14)

I love shoes. I don’t talk about it often enough, but I am obsessed with shoes; crazy obsessed with shoes.





I often talk about (moan about) not having the coveted shoe wall (an idea my mother has run with - it puts my old collection in the shade) that I had in my old flat, and have to make do with secreting new pairs into my house and stuffing them under the bed, not in pride of place as I used to 
(or had become accustomed to). 





I am starting to reclaim the space and as a result, I am of course, buying more shoes. 
I have mentioned my obsession with Jeffrey Campbell on many occasions; known for (amongst other things) the Lita (I still wear mine ALL the time) and the Ex-Factor. The new Boehme is a step away from the heavy, grungy look the label has become known for. 

This style of shoe, in its many variations is EVERYWHERE at the moment however, this studded style is by far my favourite. 

It adds an edge that such a delicate shoe needs (As you’ve probably guessed, I am not a fan of delicate things) and as every shoe lover knows, it holds a special power non-shoe lovers just don’t understand. It is crazy versatile!  

You can (if you are so inclined) make this the crown (for your feet) of a rather ethereal, delicate look or you can feminise a powerful androgynous ‘nomcore’-ish look.  

When you think of Jeffrey Campbell, you often think flannel and leather shorts. It's definitely time to rethink. There is certainly more to this label than. 

I am all for finding more excuses to buy!  
Get the details on all looks here

No comments:

Post a Comment