Wednesday 3 December 2014

#WantItWednesday (03/12/14)

We are now firmly in the grip of Christmas spirit… The red cups have been out in force, we are now immunised against the poignant John Lewis ad (if you want to have another look, it’s here), you've started your delicious advent calendar and you have already organised the awkward festive charity ‘jumper-off’ with your work colleagues (the official jumper day is on the 12th, have look at the link if you want to do it). It’s now time think about what you really want for Christmas. These handy tabs are perfect for the oblivious S.O. and should ensure you won’t be disappointed come Christmas morning. I have had a good long think and I think I have the perfect list for this year. Start taking notes… you’ll need to print this and have those handy tabs ready! 

1. The Haberdashery collection, Alex Monroe 

I love Alex Monroe, I love art & crafts and I love jewellery.


This collection was made for me. When I first caught wind of this collection, I nearly fainted in a rather Austen-esque fashion. Monroe’s collections are always delicate, light and amazingly covetable.


My favourite and most lusted after pieces are the pincushion ring and scissor pendants. I would get the ring in small and have it as a rather quirky pinkie ring. Both the scissor pendants is absolutely perfect; with nearly all of Monroe’s necklaces this begs to be layered; it would look amazing layered with this and/or this for the full on Monroe triumvirate. 


This is at the top of my wish list for Christmas and it should be at the top of yours too.

2. Silver Low Tops, Superga  


I LOVE Superga. It is no secret that I adore these plimsolls. Every other full-length selfie has me in them. Every other collage I create includes them. They are the most versatile, durable and the most comfortable shoes on earth. The go with jeans, mid length skirts, maxi skirts, cigarette trousers; essentially everything. They have firmly worked their way into my general fashion rotation and I do not intend to get rid of them.
These beauties in silver are the perfect addition for a winter wardrobe. Metallics are a firm staple for this AW14 season and this is a fun and easy way to work them into your wardrobe without feeling as if you are 'overdone'. I would pair these with an outfit based around a single colour to make them shine 
(see what I did there!).   

3. Floral Skull Money-box, Urban Outfitters


Next year, 2015 is the near I become a better saver. To do that, I need a rather fabulous money-box to make it less of a chore. Look no further than Urban Outfitters Floral Skull Money-box. It is super stylish and fun and would sit well in any eclectic home (AKA mine). 
Of course, it is wonderfully humorous, and I love that. This is a definite Instagram worthy piece of home ware; it will make me feel infinitely better about topping up my Celine Handbag Mortgage fund. It is a definite upgrade from the piggy bank days of yore. 


4. Dungarees, ASOS


It has taken a while for me to reconcile my thoughts about them. I do feel (especially with a big bow in my hair) like a giant toddler but in spite of that, I still love them. They are comfortable, can be stylish and surprisingly can be dressed up quite well if you pair the right pair of heels and a good clutch.
These dungarees from ASOS are perfect for this.
Edgy and dark, the straight leg on this pair of black dungarees are a great for a stiletto, a platform or a pair of über comfortable trainers. A lot of my dungarees are oversized with a boyfriend style leg, I think these are a little more flattering when paired with heels.




5. Moby Dick Clutch, Olympia Le Tan

These are amazing. Who doesn’t want to proclaim their literary knowledge and fashion kudos in one clean sartorial blow? Or at least pretend. I love these clutches, they are cropping up with increasing frequency on all the street style blogs, and I for one want to be part of it too. These beg to have a muted fashion palette, as the detail seen on one of these clutches is second to none.
A self proclaimed book lover. Le Tan was born in London and raised in France, evident in the obvious Parisian chic that oozes from her collections.

6


This would look amazing as part of a Christmas party outfit or equally as glamorous for a sophisticated lunch with friends. 
It is definitely a conversation starter. I would recommend choosing a favourite tome as you will certainly be asked about your accessory of choice. My ideal clutch would be the Moby Dick it is one of my favourite books and could talk about it for hours on end.

I would (like I always do) opt for a singular colour outfit; to showcase the obvious wearable art you are carrying.
.



 Let's be honest, who hasn't wanted to be Gwen Stefani at any point in their lives? She is super cool, super fun and super feminine, without being saccharine and maintaining an air of respectability and cool. Her Christmas collection for OPI is that in spades.
The entire collection is luxurious, fun and above all wearable beyond the festive season.
I am particularly enamoured with the sumptuous Christmas Gone Plaid & Rollin' in Cashmere.    
Christmas Gone Plaid is a rich and fun bottle green that is a perfect accompaniment for darker colour schemes for winter. This is a colour that feels like it is best suited to warming layers; jumpers, scarves, gloves, hats the works! This is a colour that will work through the winter months and could work well into summer too. 
Rollin' in Cashmere is a fun shimmery nude that is perfect for the party season, with hints of gold this is perfect for an opulent evening out. It suits luxurious co-ords, heels and a fake fur stoll if you have one. 

So there you have it. My fairly comprehensive picks for Christmas. I have spent hours and hours with my handy tabs so you don't have to. Enjoy your Christmas shopping and make sure you get your S.O. and family to take firm notice of the list above!

All looks can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment