Friday 12 December 2014

#WantItWednesday 17/12/14

I am a fan of layering in all things. 
I layer my jumpers, dresses, bracelets and scarves; I feel it adds to my overall look of a perennially chic person suffering from hypothermia. 

My favourite item to layer and one that often causes the most consternation (I may one day accidentally strangle myself in my sleep) are necklaces. I have three that are worn permanently. A Swarovski Hello Kitty Pendant; a birthday present from a good friend who knows me too well. A silver clog bought for me from another dear friend a long time ago and a locket that I have had forever and a day and is the namesake of this very blog. 

I have a lot of necklaces that are thrown on and off according to my particular mood at 7am, normally when I am readying myself for work half asleep and in desperate need of my first cup of coffee. So the ‘extra’ necklaces I wear are often needed to make me laugh and to wake me up. 

Enter Khai Khai Jewellery. 

I love these, they are funny and very on the mark for the reluctant millennial that I am. General colloquialisms and over used phrases are given a lux update in precious metals and stones. I came across this brand, via Man Reppeller who is a doting sibling and brand spokesperson. The sartorial talent pool runs deep in the Medine household and the Khai Khai collection is a perfect physical manifestation of their luxury credentials. 

One of my favourite pieces from the collection is the gorgeous and utterly hilarious ‘Kale’ necklace set in white gold. If I had a spare £900 to spare for Christmas this would become another permanent fixture, I certainly eat enough of it to qualify as a card carrying/wearing member! 

Another is the ampersand necklace from the ‘Digitally Inspired’collection. 
I love this because ‘and’ is a word that follows every other in my vocabulary (much to my mother’s distress) and is a wonderfully funny and chic way to acknowledge my shortcomings as a millennial woman, like the necklaces I never take off.

Get yours here and view the whole collection here


No comments:

Post a Comment