Wednesday 9 April 2014

#WantItWednesday (09/04/14)


I am a spectacle wearer. 

It is not an admission of guilt; I am a PROUD member of the "four eyes" club.
I am often guilty of calling out the secret contact lens wearers
and those who pretend to have less than 20/20 vision.

(yes, you lens-less wonder)

Glasses are not only practical, (and in my case essential, I am as blind as a bat) they are beautiful and help accentuate and frame (see what I did there) simple eye make up; whether it's with a simple winged eye, or a bronzed lid. 

My stance on the on the whole spectacle debate that there are too many beautiful and sartorially appropriate bits of face furniture out there; you would be crazy to not to get hundreds of pairs.

These are going to be my latest acquisition for #WantItWednesday. The Oliver Peoples Sir Finlay. Oliver Peoples is by no means a new phenomenon. They have been in the spectacle making game for over twenty years. It all started with an estate collection of vintage specs sold under the name of "Oliver Peoples". The legend was born and has continued to grown ever since. 

These wonderful pieces of face art (because glasses are 'art') are worn from everyone from Jake Gyllenhaal to Rosie Huntington Whiteley and it is easy to understand why. 

These are classic in style and make you look far more cultured may actually be.The classic light tortoise shell is an instant winner for Spring/Summer and from day to night so it would be ludicrous not to wear them from morning to night. 

I am graduating from the omnipresent Club Master and these Paul Frank Beauties
I cannot wait to get these on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment