Wednesday 11 March 2015

#WantItWednesday (11/03/15)

I have already professed my love for dungarees and here I am about to do it again.

Black Denim Dungarees
They are perfect for running errands and I love that they make you look (or feel) a bit younger. They do in my case, especially when I pair them with an enormous bow atop my fod.
It seems like the rest of the world is finally catching up with my infantile obsession with overalls.
One of the most prominent fashionistas who has recently joined the dungaree harem is a style icon to many. Alexa Chung's collection for AG Jeans are filled with dungarees & dungaree dresses that make my heart skip a beat. Dungarees are finally cool again!! (Not that I would have taken them out of my rotation) They lend themselves perfectly to winter to spring transitional dressing. 

If it’s a little cold out, and you don’t want to wear a jacket, chuck a jumper and a granddad shirt on underneath and you've an effortlessly cool, warm outfit. Working during the day and are going for drinks in the evening? Chuck on a pair of heels and you've a fashion forward look. Easy, bloody peasy!


I think I am starting to love these looks even more than I thought possible. They have now become acceptable to wear in a semi-professional work environment; as if I needed another excuse to add to my already groaning ‘dungaree shelf’ in my wardrobe. 

Treat the dungarees like you would a pair of jeans, dark colours and black work best for this; the fit you prefer also works best too. I prefer a looser fit for mine, or a boyfriend fit on the leg if you prefer. I love to pair my black dungarees with a crisp white shirt underneath; the PERFECT semi-profesh outfit for work, or life. I just need to learn to leave the headscarf behind… maybe. 

These are my favourite High Street pair, black, loose fitting and incredibly versatile, see how many ways you can wear them? perfection in overalls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment