Monday 11 May 2015

High Street Heroes: May

It's May! 
I can smell summer; it's so close and that makes me extremely happy! 
When I'm happy, that makes me want to go shopping and shopping is perfect for this month's high street heroes!
I have been searching high and low for the best the high street has to offer and now I am ready to show you. HOORAY!  

Like I have mentioned a few times already, the 70s are back in a big way. 
Topshop, River Island and the ilk are all over this trend like disco on fever.

All Topshop
All River Island




From Topshop
My favourites for this month do fall into the gorgeous 70s vibe that I have been coveting for months. I am loving these beautiful shorts from Topshop. I love these shorts, to me they scream Farah Fawcett-Majors and make me long for long, hot summers and holidays in warm places. These aren't really suitable for this country, but who the hell cares?
Tuck these into a look T-shirt or camisole with spaghetti thin straps. I would (like I always do) would pair these with plimsolls during the day and jazz them up at night with the pretty block sandals (above) from Topshop.

Have a look at my ways to wear here:
All looks can be found here

Another item I can't get enough of this month is this AMAZING paisley skirt from River Island. This is an amazing find! the midi length is perfectly on trend and perfect for summer. This goes well with everything! T-shirts, Camisoles, Patterned T-shirts 
(if you are brave enough) 
From River Island
I love the pattern on this, it is so beautifully 70s and I cannot wait for it to be on my person. 

This will go wonderfully with the Topshop shoes, (can you tell these are already in my shopping basket?) Flip Flops if it is really  warm and of course my trusty plimsolls.  

You would get a lot of wear out of this skirt over the spring and summer. It's just too pretty not to wear every day. 
Better snap it up fast, (I might buy three just in case) 


Have a look at my ways to here:
All looks can be found here

You can't think 70s without a big old tunic and you can't get one better than this.
From Monki

I love this, it's perfect for day to night. It's long-line and incredibly flattering. You could wear this on the beach, over swimwear on your holiday or if you aren't going anywhere exotic, this is perfect for the sweltering conditions on the morning commute on the central line. 
I would wear this on its own with a lot of jewellery and a pair of relaxed sandals. 
If you wanted to go all out, a fringed kimono would also look really chic. 

Have a look to my ways to wear here:
All looks can be found here
So it's pretty clear I am desperate for the warmer weather to arrive right now. 
I'm going to book a warm holiday right now. Enough of being blown away by the spring gale forces! 

Until next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment