Saturday 26 July 2014

Barneys New York x Yasmin Sewell



Can we talk about my major girl crush Yasmin Sewell?
Not only is she a style icon to millions (including myself) but she has just collaborated with Barneys New York on an epic capsule collection. SWOON!

For those who are unaware of Sewell and why I think she deserves fashion god status. She is a fashion consultant, buyer, former boutique owner and general chic girl about town.
She is street snapped at almost every opportunity and is always at the chicest events. She turns heads and it is all for the right reasons. Many household fashion names you have become accustomed to, (Christopher Kane, J.W Anderson, Rick Owens etc.) she was responsible for bringing to the forefront. She is a fashion powerhouse.
She now runs an amazing fashion consultancy company and is the creative director of Être Cécile
She is just all kinds of amazing and everything I hope and aim to be.     

The collection itself is everything I had hoped for. It is versatile, chic and in my favoured muted palettes, perfect for everyday wear. 
The range is based on what Sewell herself her "ultimate wardrobe" and I have to admit is mine as well. Almost every piece in the collection is worthy of my Lust List and will become a piece that you would find hard pressed to not wear at any given opportunity.




My favourite pieces from the collection are this pullover, this knit looks as soft as butter and would comfortably suit a pair of jeans or a decadent brocade skirt.






I absolutely love this navy contrast collar coat, the colour is in my opinion the best colour to wear. It flatters and adds a softness that black sometimes neglects. The cut is as timeless as ever. You will never want to part with this. 





You can shop the full collection here but you'll need to be fast, everything is available for pre-order. I don't think any of it will be around long enough for you to hesitate. 
My trigger finger and credit card is ready, I am about to go wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment