Tuesday 29 July 2014

Lacquer up: Jewels

It's no secret that I love a good nail polish. I have already spoken about my weekly manicure ritual. I have experimented on a grand scale; having utilised a gem and nail polish set I got from work. If you aren't sure if jewels are your thing and you don't want to splash out on a roundel of jewels; I cheated. The set I am using (below) is from a nail art set from Top of The Pops Magazine. (Yes, it still exists!) You can get the set I bought here. It has a comprehensive selection of gems, for you to try for the price of a chocolate bar! WIN!

After this week's manicure, I am pretty confident that not only do I like gems, I think their application is super easy and will get a few more expensive sets, for sure! 

I've used Rimmel I heart Lasting Finish in "It's a scorcher". It's
perfect for this wonderfully warm weather and the green round gem I chose makes it extra special and summery!

Paint your nails as normal.

For my base-coat I have found a new cosmetic brand Kiko Milano. Their 3-in-1 Shine is a base coat, nail hardener and Ultra Shine Top coat all in one, which is super useful. It dries really quickly and produces an amazing shine. They have an extensive range of nail care products. All are reasonably priced. Perfect for those who manicure at least once a week!



To apply the Gem get a cotton bud and dip into the gem pot. Gently push the gem into the still wet nail polish and allow to dry.
Once dry; add a top coat to retain the gem and the shine & viola!
You can add gems to every nail or use them as an accent nail as I have done. 
Who knows. I could be as good as these in no time! 
      Wah Nails                                   Sophy Robson                             Wah Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment