Wednesday 27 August 2014

#WantItWednesday (30/07/14)

I don't claim to be tech savvy; I know my way round a computer and I get most things pretty quickly; some things however will always escape me (much like my Mother and her constant use of inappropriate emojis) but I cannot and will not get my head around one thing, music on phones. For me it has to be a separate entity from my phone otherwise I get all kinds of Skynet feelings about how much my phone controls my life and what it knows about me; it gives me the John Connor Chills. So despite my fully functioning 32g iPhone 5c being in one pocket,  I resolutely carry my iPod, covered with stickers and filled with the bands of my youth (and their umpteen live recordings) in the other and I feel like headphones should be weighty enough to justify carrying a seperate device, without me having to explain it. 

Music is important to me, not because I'm a music lover, but because I am a Londoner. I, (like most commuting Londoners) am of the opinion that, If you are on the tube and you haven't something jammed into or over your ears I will assume you haven't mastered the art of 'avoiding all manner of human interaction before 9am & after 5pm" mentality that has been ingrained in us since birth. You and I both know and that you need saving; or you are going to be accosted by the obligatory crazy person sat opposite you on the tube. Just in case you do, these amazing headphones   from Friends are an excellent and beautiful way to be saved.
How can you not love these headphones?! These Layla Headphones are beyond a work of art. They are shiny (I must be part magpie, I swear) and in my favourite hue of the moment rose gold. I certainly didn't think rose gold could be improved upon but adding white leather is an ingenious idea that makes me kick myself because I didn't think of it first.
They are spectacular, they are designed of course, to enhance your already fabulous wardrobe. The trouble I'm finding is that I want to replace my entire wardrobe to enhance these headphones! You will definitely feel amazing when your head is wedged firmly between the pages of the Metro at 8am, even if you don't feel all that awake. 

If you'd rather blend in than buy a new wardrobe. Have no fear, there are equally stylish and less obvious headphones for you to avoid the crazies. These amazing minimalist headphones from Urbanears are the ones for you. My favourite style form this crazily popular brand are the Plattan, a simple, classic & flexible style that can fold down into the size of a fist and fit comfortably in a larger Handbag (really, is there any other kind) or backpack. These are sleek and minimalist. I am particularity taken with the colour-block throughout the headphones, especially the Slate Grey. I think this is why I love them so much. 
Don't get me wrong; these all work wonderfully, both sets of headphones possess amazing noise cancelling technology to really block the sound of the raving lunatic out. Aside from my John Connor Chills. Both Sets of Headphones are all compatible with your phone (although in the Layla's case it's only compatible with the iPhone) 

So there you have it, go forth and avoid the crazies in style! I certainly will!
I am sure you'll agree that urbanears were right when they said You won’t know how you made it this long without it. Here, Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment