Friday 17 April 2015

High Street Heroes: April

The sun is out! HOORAY!!
What better way to celebrate than looking at my pick of the early summer finds this month on the high street. I must confess (it's not really a confession) I have been looking forward to the warmer weather for months and months! I am so excited. No more thick woolly scarves, heavy coats and a frozen fingers... I CANNOT WAIT!





I love this skirt from Urban Outfitters. It's light, airy and perfect for spring. I would pair this with an oversized t-shirt (if your are feeling brave try a bright pattern or a contrasting stripe), bare legs and a pair of well loved converse.

The vertical stripe is flattering on all shapes and sizes and perfect to carry you through to summer. This would even look amazing on your holiday, paired with a kimono and your bikini or swimsuit.

 A wonderfully easy and casual outfit for spring... where is the nearest park? I am ready for a picnic in the sun!

Get them before I snag the lot!




As I have already mentioned; the 70s are back with a stylish vengeance. These wide leg crepe trousers from New Look are the perfect fit for your inner funky diva. These are high waisted and fab.







These trousers work well with baggy t-shirts with cuffed sleeves, like the Urban Outfitters skirt. I
would wear these with a pair of platform wedges to really drive the 70s vibe home and make you feel super-sonic.

If you do want to smarten this look up, keep the wedges on and swap the t-shirt for a loose boyfriend fit button down shirt. Get a statement necklace and this is perfect for a summer corporate look.

These are a lightweight crepe so are perfect for the summer and can handle even the harshest and cruellest of evenings on the Victoria Line during rush hour.

The last on my list for the best spring outfits on the high street is this amazing trapeze dress from Next.

This is the best summer dress for work, drinks and everything in-between. This dress makes me feel like summer is well and truly here and doesn't want to leave, ever.

This works well with sandals, trainers, plimsolls & wedges. Amazing.

I think I may be biased because I love a trapeze dress, especially in the summer. This looks great now with a lightweight, long-line cardigan.



So there you have it... I have braved the high streets in the unseasonably warm weather. Go on, get your picks for summer now!

Until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment