Monday 27 April 2015

Happy 100!!

YAY!! 100 posts! I cannot believe I have been able to write 100 (well, over 100 if you count all my other pages... go on, check them out here, and here!)
So I thought I would to divulge my favourite style crushes of all time, The chic tastemakers who influence the way I dress, The things I buy and hell, even the way I live. 

I am  going to share my favourites with you so you can agree, disagree, comment & get tips simultaneously .
It'll be a wonderful way to loose yourself in 15 mins of fashion and shopping!
Via T Magazine

Yasmin Sewell


I love Yasmin Sewell,  I have never wanted to raid a wardrobe or go shopping with someone as much as I want to with her. 
She is amazing. I have already spoken about my love for her collection with Barneys New York; again, I wanted it all (I still dream about it). 
She is a fashion Jack of all trades and is spectacular at it. She just makes it look so easy too. Damn.  

The tastemaker's style is relaxed, fashion forward (without being too avant garde) and looks effortless. Everything I could ever want in a wardrobe and personal aesthetic.  

Having worked in the industry for over a decade she knows a thing or two about fashion. This is the woman who snapped up the Christopher Kane collection for Browns and was instrumental in catapulting him to success. 

Her personal style includes layers, lots of layers and rich muted colours. 













Essentially everything I ever wanted in a wardrobe. 

I have been searching for keys pieces (because who wouldn't want to dress like this?!) and have found the below that perfectly capture Sewell's style
All looks can be found here
I am always in awe of and inspired by this ever stylish lady. I am can often be found muttering to myself when shopping 'WWYW' (what would Yasmin wear) I don't think it has set me wrong yet! 

via Instyle Magazine
Solange Knowles


I may divide opinion on this, but these are my style crushes so there. I think Solange is the better sister of the Knowles clan. There I said it out aloud and it feels good. 

It's very rare that the younger sister of the superstar steps out in something that I don't want to immediately purchase myself. 

She is cool, relevant, fun and above all #Flawless (Just copying the older sister there). 
I, like everyone who saw her recent wedding album will attempt to recreate that iconic photo and it will never, ever look as good. 

The singer, designer, muse and general bad ass' style is modern, colourful and cool. Her style brings her funky and disco/bohemian aesthetic, with a contemporary silhouette. It brings to my mind Diana Ross, if she were 28 now and loving life with instagram (which you should also follow) 

Her aesthetic is bright, young and fun. everything you would want for a riotous evening out. She is often seen wearing a headscarf, and as a lady who also regularly adorns my head in the finest of scarves she is an inspiration.  

















How could you not want to dress like her?!
These are my best copycats
All looks can be found here
I love Solange, she is far, far cooler than I could ever hope to be amazing afro and all! 

Via Tasteologie
Nigella Lawson

Whenever you snap one of your home cooked meals, feeling smug about how beautiful it looks; it's because you want to be as awesome as Ms Lawson is on an hourly basis. 

She is the person I hope to be when I eventually become a grown up (contrary to popular belief being 27, I do not consider myself to be a grown-up yet). She is incredible. She cooks delicious and indulgent food and looks amazing while doing it.



Her look is retrained and tasteful. She sticks to single colours.

 This look is perfect wardrobe for a formal work environment or if you want to feel grown up and sophisticated. It is a wonderful barometer for ageing somewhat gracefully. Nigella is my sartorial future, and if I can be half as elegant as she is I am definitely winning. 
All looks can be found here



























If

No comments:

Post a Comment