Saturday 18 April 2015

Lacquer Up: Glitter Fade

So, spring has sprung and I fancy some neon glitter nails. 
I love a good glitter fade. They are so much easier to do than an ombré and are just as beautiful. I thought, as it has AGES since my last Lacquer up  I thought I would go for this easy tutorial to get your ready for spring. 

First, after filing and prepping your nails ready for your polish apply your base coat. 
I have used the Save The Nail 'Bridge The Ridge' filling base coat. Apply two coats and allow to dry fully before continuing.



This is a really good base coat. Two coats and my nails are really smooth and ready for painting. 

Once dry get to painting!! 

I am using Essie's Watermelon for my Base and Butter London's Fiddlesticks (psst... it's on sale, get it QUICK!) as my glitter gradient.  

I have also added an accent nail in the Fiddlesticks because of 'reasons'. This is obviously not obligatory. 

This is the first coat application.
Add your second coat and leave to dry
This is what your nails should look like
before you are ready for your gradient.
 
Once your nails are dry. You need some cotton-buds/Q-Tips for your gradient. 

Take a dollop of your glitter nail polish and drop it where you would like to start the gradient. The best places are the base of the nail or at the tip. I am going have all my gradients start from the tip. 

While it still wet. Take your cotton-bud and tap the glitter into place. Fill in the tip (or wherever you've started your gradient) with the glitter polish, to fill in the gaps.


Once dry. Add a topcoat clean up the cuticles & edges et voila! Glitter gradient nails. See, easy as pie! 

Go on. Get your gradient on. It's a treat for you and your nails. 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment